Funny, Emotional, and Relatable Reasons Why I Encountered Break-Ups

Sometimes we wish for the impossible, but, wishing for a friendship to last forever shouldn't be categorized under this. Or should it?

Lady lying on bed, staring upwards and thinking with her phone in her hand.
(iStock)

For a moment, a period of ignorance, I thought all relationships would last forever. However getting older, as my little inexperienced brain saw behind the shadow of life cast by childhood innocence, the thought vanished.

Breakup is quiet painful, some more than others and according to Burna boy's song- Last last... it may be inevitable, be it friendship or more intimate relationships. Let's talk about me, 'my breakup experiences' may be a more suitable topic.

This Person Aired Me Just Like That!!!😭

A Lonely Guy After Breakup from Friendship
Photo by mskathrynne

Were we friends or just schoolmates? We were definitely friends, maybe we weren't and it was just a false perception. Whichever the case, I thought we were friends. To be honest I've had quite a number of breakups but I don't feel responsible...I'm always me...unapologetic (I may have to change)

He just aired me, I'm typing this in laughter because it is ridiculously funny. (More about this 'airing' friend in the later blog posts).

I Was Called a Fake Friend!!!😂 

Have you ever been called a fake friend? Ahnn!! I was called that oo! It was so funny and is now funnier! After being called a fake friend, I saw on Twitter>>>

A Tweet from Twitter about Friendship
Lmao..!

We Grew Apart!!!😪

I feel this happens mostly when the friendship is between opposite genders, but it is not restricted to that. I've had my share with different genders.

An Image with a Guy and Texts about Change as a Cause of Breakup

During this period, it feels like there is no connection and conversations sound weird. In essence, the vibe is lacking.

'Mental-Breathing' Was Lacking!!!🤯

Mental breathing is probably not a thing, but I've used it to mean that my mental health was not treated well. I'd always prioritize my health and opt out of unhealthy relationships.

A Woman Stressed by Toxic Friendship and Text about Mental Health

Disagreement, We Fought Big Time!!!😣

This break was temporary though. For a permanent cut-off to occur in friendships due to disagreement, then there's a high probability that there was already a build-up of contradicting emotions.

Two fighting boxers in a ring. One being kicked to the face while trying to dodge and block

We Stopped Talking and Case Closed!!!😷

Unlike the one who aired me, I didn't reach out to this girl. It never crossed my mind to send a message because her responses were usually so lame and I dislike one-sided relationships.

A Tweet About How Communication In Friendship Should Be
Tweet- Shola

Later on in the blog, each scenario would be discussed separately and fully. Keep in touch with updates:

Follow/Like us on Facebook- @gateshubblog

Don't forget to Share and drop a Comment below. <3

FOLLOW THIS BLOG

Comments

Anonymous said…
The fact remains that not all friendships last forever.
Gates Ogbebor said…
Yes. Thanks for reading.