Skip to main content

How to Relieve Stress: 9 Secrets of 'Sweet' Life

Stress can never be ruled out of the world, but it feels like Nigeria offered to carry the biggest portion. What a generous country! The news we hear everyday and the hardship faced by the populace in a country like Nigeria is more than enough to cause emotional and physical tension; stress.

What matters is how well one is able to handle this stress. In this post I would talk about easy ways to manage and get relieved from stress still maintaining it's entertaining quality.

9 Tips to Stress Management

Make time for Hobbies & Fun:

Engaging in things you enjoy is a sure way to feel good, thereby relieving stress. These could be playing board games, reading, watching movies, crocheting, etc.

Exercise: 

This is important in mood improvement and relaxation. However consistency is key for good results, no matter how little, it is better than none. Start with achievable plans and goals- 20mins walk or jog everyday would make a difference.

Eat Well, Limit Alcohol and Stimulants:

Stimulants or depressants may temporarily relieve stress, however they pose negative effects which could worsen stress. Balanced diet is the best option as it improves wellness generally.

Sleep Well:

Your body wouldn't be able to handle stress as it should if you don't get quality sleep. Seven to eight hours of sleep should do the magic. This might be difficult to attain but more often than not you would do better in any activity with quality sleep.

Slow Down:

Life can be so busy and hectic, however, slowing down is mandatory. You could try starting things early so you beat the stress of lateness.

Take a Break/Vacation:

Some time away from work or anything that brews stress is one significant way to overcome stress. It could be a personal time or a 'friends' time'. Listen to music, meditate, have fun and leave every worry behind.

Talk about your Problems:

When you have things on your mind, spill. This could be to family, friends, a therapist, or yourself (self-talk). Self-talk is a good aid but you need to ensure positive speaking always. Connecting with supportive listeners would go a long way.

Feel Good About Yourself:

The moment you have confidence in yourself and believe you hold a place no one else can, stress is reduced because positivity and optimism builds you psychologically.

By doing these, your emotional and mental wellness is improved and you gain more resilience against stress. 

We all experience stress on different occasions. Share this and help someone feel better. 

 

Your feedback is priceless, let us know what you think in the Comments Section below.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for this piece, I have been stressed lately and just been taking drugs. These tips are easier and better.
Gates Ogbebor said…
That's what we do- make life easier. Thank you for reading.

Popular posts from this blog

How-to-Guide: How to Achieve your Goals in Nigeria and Abroad

  It is possible! Is Nigeria a Place of Achievement? The economy of Nigeria presently creates a big room for concern. From ASUU strike to the ever growing issue of unemployment. People may say Nigeria has literally become a dead end to achievements; I also accepted this until I began to make a lot weekly (When I started). The truth is that Nigeria would scarcely give room for your achievement- you have to create a room for yourself. Picture yourself trying to get groundnut(peanut) out of a bottle. At first all the groundnuts(peanuts) would move towards the bottleneck to come out, few may, but the others get stuck and you have to reshuffle. Nigeria is the large bottle and we (you and me) are the peanuts [don't get offended by the simile]. You probably just want me to say how I achieved my goals, we have gotten to that junction. Determine Your Goal This is were you tell yourself that you want to make it. After coming to the realization that you don't want to be in the same plac...

How Are You (My Friend) Song by Johnny Drille | Review and Lyrics | Video | Stream and Download

Johnny Drille's New Single.  I've listened to this song on repeat several times, and I thought it would be nice to blog about it since it has a significant relationship with friendship. Talented Nigerian singer-songwriter, John Ighodaro, professionally known as  Johnny Drille released a new single titled 'How Are You (My Friend)'  in October 2022. This new single is produced by Don Jazzy of Mavins Records and it has gone viral, even on the popular app, TikTok . How Johnny Drille managed to give a concise summary of friendship in this 3 minutes song is exceptional and it should be studied. He included the ups and downs of friendship, gave reassurance of the bond, and put the icing on the cake by maintaining the concrete love friends share through the lyrics . The song is emotional, soothing, and impeccable! Watch the Performance Music Video Here, From Youtube: Download/Listen to Music Here: Download Link 1 Download Link 2 Download Link 3 Official Lyrics: Intro I know so...

Do These to get the Best Out of Friendships in 2026: How I Choose My Friends

Photo by Wasa Crispbread on Unsplash To a degree, I am sceptical about friendships because  heartbreaks are real! Before I call someone my friend , my brain cells deliberate, and they must have seen the person fit. Yours doesn't have to be the same; however, reading this blog post should reduce your risk of disappointment in any kind of relationship.  Disclaimer: This guide is best for people who consider friendship dear and deep. If you think friendship is nothing and shallow, this article may be too spicy. How I Choose My Friends (And you should too)- My Values Remain Unshaken:  Values define us. My values define me. Why should I lose myself to accommodate another?  When I meet people, my values are the first filters. If they repel a person, friendship is out of the question. No, it isn't pride. There is a difference between accepting people with their flaws and shrinking yourself. The latter has nothing to do with friendship. I wouldn't throw away my values for ...