The Best and Most Effective Activities for Your Friend's Birthday.

Happy Birthday to my Friend
Photo by Nick Fewings on Unsplash
It was my friend's birthday and I can remember vividly that I didn't know what to wear even few hours to the time of his birthday party. I was chocked up with work and assignments. Like I said in a previous post [here], a true friend shows exceptional love which makes them go extra miles for you. I had to make sure I showed up for my very dear friend and pal, Prince Olugold.

I must say that Olugold is a fantastic host, I was impressed. It took me to Iyabo Ojo's hosting on an episode of RHOLagos available on Showmax

The tips I'd be giving today would be based on how the birthday party went from my point of view, both bad and good, so it's basically storytelling in form of narration. At the end there would be a "Random Gist Segment": Narration without specific title.

What Should You Do?

Show Up for Them: 

Why wouldn't you show up! You are supposed to be a friend!! Olugold's party was lit and that was because friends and family were present. Imagine no one showed up, the boy would have been crying, maybe.

I had conversations with one or two persons who were absent and some gave excuses I could reckon with. But, some just were kind of silly and left me gobsmacked. Your Presence is the best you can give. If you cannot be physically present, do a face time.

Don't Speak Bad About Them:

I was screaming inside when something ridiculous happened. After starting the party, we decided to do a small 'what you can say about the celebrant' engagement. Everyone spoke nicely, until one guy whose grammar was a mess and was murderous said he wanted to speak.

In his blunders, he said he met Olugold for the first time that day and said Olugold had a supposedly 'bad character'. The truth is, only sensible or exposed people can be friends with Olugold- his personality is so lovely but some people just can't handle it. Just like me, some people say I'm too much, but the truth is, they are too basic.

If the dude had said "work on your bad character" I would have said "go back to primary school and work on your bad grammar". Yes, I'm that kind of friend. Except I wouldn't have said that because the guy looked like someone who could beat me, this is so embarrassing, gosh!

Fikky (a really good mutual friend between Olugold and I) asked me if the dude ate in the party. Truth be told, he didn't deserve anything.

Get a Gift for Them:

No matter how small you think it is, give. I had a hard time getting Olugold a gift, all because I was low on funds, but I still tried. The smile on his face was heavenly! I felt good that I made him feel good.

I would let you know about getting gifts in a subsequent post. You could suggest a title in the comment section below.

Be Lively at their Event:

I don't think I should be saying this because I may not get a high mark in this aspect,but I tried. Macmillan Makeover was present and he went live on TikTok, so everyone was dancing and some were goofing (in a funny way), Angela gets 100% in this. I just sat in one place smiling, making videos, and shaking my body, I don't know how to dance, but I always feel the vibe. 

If only the way I dance in my head could be real life, if only. But, it isn't just about dance, you could engage in different fun ways. I was interactive, I guess. Every phone should have had me in them.

Forget your Problems:

Everybody seemed like they didn't have issues or problems. It was just fun! That's how it should always be.

I did not ask Olugold about his health, even until I left. He didn't seem like someone who was ill, in fact, I didn't remember he was because he was all over the place dancing and hyping, until his mum said in Yoruba, "he's not feeling fine oo", I was initially perplexed because 'he whom I saw was well'. Friends should make us forget our 'sorrows'.

Make them Comfortable:

This should be a routine, but you may have to do more since it'd be their special day. Olugold was so happy. That's all I'd say, because he literally didn't stop smiling.

 

Now, Random Gist.

 I met a special somebody, not special to me but to Olugold😂. I walked in and sighted this person and was like, okay.... you're good. Not checking out per se, just observing my environment😜. 

When Olugold told me about their relationship, screaming and laughter tried to push their way out but I was able to hold back. The likeness I had for this person went down. There's no way I'd think of you when you're with my pal. No, never! "Olugold took eyes to the 'market'", and I was feeling a kind of silly pride.

Olugold has lots of fine friends, OMG! I just mellowed like I did not see anything or anyone. I met some friends from school who apparently had changed a bit, but it was fun! I also met Azeez after a long time.

 

Do you need to stand out more? Then, click here.

 Share this and let me know what you think in the Comments Section.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The birthday was lit😝
No body was forming
Even Macmillan was free with everyone
It was nice
Gates Ogbebor said…
It was amazing. Thanks for reading
Anonymous said…
Nice👌😌
Anonymous said…
This is an amazing piece just like your other posts.
Gates Ogbebor said…
To all readers, I appreciate your visit!! Please follow my blog.