Do These to get the Best Out of Friendships: How I Choose My Friends

Photo by Wasa Crispbread on Unsplash
To a degree I'm skeptical about friendships, heartbreaks are real! Before I call someone my friend, there must have been deliberations by my brain cells and they must have seen the person fit. Yours doesn't have to be the same, however, reading this should reduce the risks you'd have of disappointments in any kind of relationship. 

How I Choose my Friends-

My Values Remain Unshaken: 

The moment my values begin to repel you friendship is out of the question. I wouldn't throw away my values in the name of friendship. Some may call it pride; I'd rather be proud.

Quick Character Study:

If I notice you are not ready to change, you cannot move at my pace, you do things I can't live with (morally), friendship is unworkable.

Ensure they are not Parasites:

Parasitism is a very big red flag and I don't stay where any reddish flag casts shadow how much more... Friendship should go both ways, give and take policy.

Determine What I can get:

Now I know they are not parasites, what do I do? I think on what you have to offer. Once it is good, friendship is a possibility.

Build Mutual Trust:

What is friendship without trust? I wouldn't want to be a victim of 'breakfast', layman term for heartbreak.

We Become Friends:

Now they have shown their competence and can become friends.


There is a wide gap between a friend and a classmate or someone who just has your contact. A friend is more; you can open up to a friend in a way you can't to the new girl who got your  digits.

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmm. This is very true. Especially for those who want to hop on the marriage train. This should be the foundation before the the train is boarded. Thanks for sharing
Anonymous said…
Hummmm ..Nice write up๐Ÿ‘
Anonymous said…
Wow๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
Amazing thought and write up
Keep it up ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Anonymous said…
Sense๐Ÿ’ฏ
Gates Ogbebor said…
Thank you so much. The gravity of friendship cannot be overemphasized.
Gates Ogbebor said…
Indeed. Thanks for reading
Anonymous said…
That was wonderful indexed
Gates Ogbebor said…
I appreciate the complement.
Anonymous said…
True and nice๐Ÿฅฐ
Gates Ogbebor said…
100%. Thank you.
Anonymous said…
This is amazing from your no one fan vicky will always love anything u write
Gates Ogbebor said…
Thank you so much, Vicky.